Before you really know someone going on a date with them can be quite stressful. You’re worried you’ll make the wrong impression, will get nervous and say the wrong thing, or go out thinking you look great only to come how and realize you didn’t at all pull off that whole look you were going for. Well, although I can’t help with a lot of those concerns I decided I could make a how to guide on what to wear on a first date. This first outfit edition is for a casual date so sometime soon I might be doing a more formal version and maybe more specific ones (like for a movie theater) as well. For more inspiration I have a What to Wear on a Winter Date as well as a Causal Day Date Outfit
- Polka Dot Shirt – I love the look that a polkadot shirt can give off. Its a pattern, so it’ll add interest but unlike other patterns its classic, and not overpowering. With a collar and cuffed sleeves, this shirt has a very tailored look. In the very near future I’m going to featuring a very similar shirt in an OOTD.
- Tiffany Bow Earrings – For Christmas I got Tiffany Bow Earrings and when I saw the top above I knew that they’d go perfectly. I love the ribbed design and the small simplicity of them. To make this outfit more put together wearing your hair up or half pulled up would be perfect.
- Blue Toms – I’ve done a how to wear toms outfit post before and although they aren’t shoes for everyone, they do look great in a casual outfit. Plus for a first date, the whole sky high heels isn’t exactly the look you want to do, because it tends to give off the wrong impression no matter how good you look. And tripping and falling is near impossible in Toms, one of my irrational fears on first dates.
- Mid Rise Skinny Jeans – Lately I’ve been trying to get out of the whole low rise jean trend because it doesn’t look that good on. Mid rise jeans will lengthen your legs and hide that little extra weight you’re carrying around with ease. The medium wash color is very neutral.
- Satchel Bag – Personally, I’m not the biggest fan of carrying around a bag but on a date there are so many little things that you feel better carrying with you that a bag is a better idea. A bag that you can cross over is all the better because it won’t be getting in the way.