The weather here has been pretty mild as of lately and I’ve even worn shorts a few days, but yesterday that all changed. I woke up and it was 17 degrees which got me back to thinking about winter. Since everyone (me included) is starting school in the next few days, I decided to put together a sort of guide on what to wear in school in the winter since my summer school outfit was so popular.
- Sweater – Most people think of pastels as just a set of summer colors, and I even mentioned something about it in a how to on wearing capris. This light green color is feminine and delicate perfect for the contrast with more baggy winter clothing.
- Boots – People have so many different opinions on UGGs but for a casual outfit I love them. Plus they’re so comfy and warm that they’re exactly what you need for winter. This grey one button pair are a winter staple for me.
- Backpack – Of course backpacks are a necessity for school, something I didn’t realize when I was in high school. I love the (fake) leather accents and all the buckles that this one has, perfect for organization, and it’s longer length is more flattering.
- Hat – Since dying my hair brown , I’ve started to respect hats, because blonde roots look pretty bad. But it’s easy to hide with a beanie. Plus you’ll get a little bit of a hipster look and have warm ears so it’s a win all the way around.
- Jeans – I always go with skinny jeans, but when it’s a freezing cold winter I make sure I’m not wearing a destroy pair. Since it is winer and I already broke one rule by going with a castle sweater I made sure these jeans were a dark wash.