Being broken up with can be hard, but something most people don’t think about is how hard doing the breaking up can actually be. I decided I could put together an outfit to wear for breaking up with someone, since it’s something on my mind right now. I went for something that’s cute and sophisticated, so you look serious without being drab.
- Top – I know I always talk about how much I love crop tops, but with a high waisted skirt I feel like there isn’t any other option. I love the more boxy cut of this one in particular and the black color can be quite slimming.
- Skirt – With plain black on top I wanted a more busy print on the bottom. This floral is still feminine but more modern than the usual piece, especially loving that the cute isn’t a straight line and goes with the flowers.
- Nail Polish – For a black and white outfit a little pop is never a bad thing. To tie in with the bag (so it isn’t completely out of place) I added a red nail polish. The one above is Chanel but I’m also loving Covergirl’s red polish.
- Bag – The main focus of the outfit is this simple red bag. It’s a bright cross body with gold hardware as an accent and the envelope flap makes it unique.
- Shoes – With all the attention the bag is getting I wanted a simple shoe that’s still attractive. I love a more covered sandal and a high heel, both of which this shoe has.