Looking good isn’t always easy, or should I say it hardly ever is. I’m always into trying out different looks and one that I see a lot of at school is the “country” look. Of course I couldn’t just do that look, mostly because I can’t pull it off, so I went with a country chic version that gives a nod to the more authentic look. This isn’t to be confused with the country singer look which is a whole other thing.
- Top – Of course I had to go with a flannel shirt for this look. It has to be fitted, buttoned down and preferably 3/4 length sleeves. This will keep it from being baggy, and masculine.
- Jeans – I’ve been gravitating more and more towards higher waisted jeans. They’re just more flattering. For my country look I went with a non distressed pair in a medium wash.
- Scarf – Of course my favorite accessory for cold weather is a scarf. For this look I wanted something that while low maintenance while still looking a little glamours so infinity scarf it went.
- Bag – For a country look being too girly isn’t a good thing. So I stayed away from big bag and went with a black more practical one. And of course I picked this Kate Spade one because I love cross body bags.
- Boots – Country shoes are normally seen as work boots or cowboy boots neither of which I’m the biggest fan of. So instead I went with a pair of combat boots in a matte black which finishes up the look nicely.