Normally jeans, especially distressed jeans aren’t something that are considered dressy wear. Actually they fall pretty hard into the category of casual wear. For today’s look I wanted to do a cool weather outfit that combined a few trends and was a little more dressy than the normal school looks that I do. Why I wouldn’t classify this as a date outfit, it’s a great daytime shopping look and meeting meet up outfit.
- Top – I know some people don’t like sleeveless tops but for this look I think it’s great. Of course the focal point is the organza bow which gives the shirt a bit of a masculine look that I love.
- Jeans – Super skinny jeans shouldn’t be something men wearing and I think they help to balance out the look. The light color and destroyed legs are perfect for keeping the look from becoming formal.
- Coat -this nude / camel colored coat is everything. I love the waterfall front, which is perfect for pairing with a scarf , and the 3/4 sleeves are great with jewelry.
- Bag – Bucket bags are in right now. They’re great for carrying around a lot of stuff, and the structureless design is fun to pair with different looks. The black adds into the bow.
- Shoes – I’ve previously done a guide on how to wear chunky boots and of course added them to this look. They can be a little overpowering but with rolled denim look great.
- Blush – Just like the 70’s style clog outfit a bright pink blush is perfect. Since I’m pairing it with a dark lipstick, higher on the cheek is better as is remembering to use a light hand.
- Lipstick – Of course I wanted to add a vampire sort of lipstick to this look, because they’re big this winter. While I have seen a few warmer tones, for cool weather I think this purplish hued red is gorgeous.
- Mascara – Doe eyes are perfect for combating the masculine look of this outfit. I went with this specific tube of mascara because it’s not only known for thick dark lashes but also for not clumping.
- Eyeliner – To finish the look, I wanted to add in something I used a lot in high school, white eyeliner. For this look it’s great both for the waterline and in the inner corner of the eyes.