Until recently this winter has been extremely mild. I’m talking windbreakers and knit boots being all you need for a cold morning, and afternoons with just a sweater, which was amazing. The past few days however that’s all changed. The weather has been freezing and, we’ve had snow! I wanted to put together a cozy winter outfit as a fun January inspiration.
- Sweater – Probably my favorite thing about winter wear is getting to wear all of my thick sweaters in comfort. Putting together this outfit I couldn’t help but add in this gorgeous sweater. Because of it’s full sized flower that crosses over into the sleeves, it’s super unique.
- Jeans – To go with loose tops, like this sweater I love pairing a more fitted pair of trousers. These jeans are perfect because the high waist and skinny leg cut. Plus the medium wash matches well with the sweater.
- Scarf – Pairing a winter outfit with a scarf makes the look that much better. While I’d normally go with a knit version, this fleece one gives the whole look a more modern feel.
- Bag – I LOVE structured bags and this pink one is exactly that. The top handle and optional strap make it versatile and the color matches well with the sweater. Actually coming up in an outfit post I’ll be sharing a similar bag (in red) with you guys and hosting a giveaway.
- Shoes – Last but not least to complete the outfit is a pair of basic black booties.
In addition to sharing a causal winter outfit I wanted to share makeup to go with it.
- Nail Polish – While I used a light pink in the outfit for winter beauty darker colors are always in so I put it down by a few shades for this nail lacquer. While I’d go with a straight color there are a few manicure options that’d look cute with this color too.
- Lipstick – For the lip color I wanted a happy medium between the nail polish and pink in the sweater and bag.
- Contour Palette – For most makeup looks (even those no makeup ones) a good contour palette is a must. In addition to boosting your face shape it’ll also help conceal pimples and dark circles.
- Mascara – Of course to finish of any winter look is a few coats of dark mascara.